Thursday, October 15, 2009


So when i was 18 I met a tiger. Her name was Quadesh. She was a 500lb Siberian tiger owned by Bill. I lived in Toronto, Ontario, Canada so this was not a normal occurence. She seemed very happy most of the time. She slept in their massive custom built bed with them, had stuffed leopards and big tires for toys. They spoiled her rotten. Sometimes though, you could see something else. A restlessness. A need for something more. I don't ever want to be like that. Content on the outside but craving on the inside. My marriage suffocated me in two short years. Overwhelming jealousy and ignorance on his part made me feel caged and miserable. I'm divorcing him now. I feel like someone opened the door and I can see for miles. I think of Quadesh sometimes. I wonder if she'll ever experience true freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment