Thursday, October 15, 2009

My bucket list. Half full or half empty?

I have a bucket list. I've called it many things over the years. Life list, to do list. It all boils down to one thing... I want to live. Not merely exsist. Truly live! After all the wonderful, mad and sometimes truly insane experiences in my life I've come to realize that life isn't short, it's long. R e a l l y loooong. If you are not careful you will spend 80 or 90 years doing the same damn thing over and over, day after day, week after week until you die.
We live in a world filled with an immense variety of places, cultures, traditions and wonders. And yet it seems that most people are content to be a worker ant instead of trying to take the throne in their own kingdom.
I refuse to settle. I almost did and I have never been so unhappy as during that time. One thing that came of such a negative period of my life was that I learned what it is to be truly happy. Sometimes you need the proverbial mirror to be held up so you can see what can be. For four years I put my bucket list on hold. The last amazing thing I did before that dry spell was in July of 2005, an outfit named Adventure Skydiving came to town. The arthritis society teamed up with them to fund-raise and inspire people. I talked a friend into doing it with me. Her name was Jamie Penny. At the time she was a client that I was training for the police test. We raised some money for a good cause, learned what true, pure, gut-wrenching adrenaline feels like and created a lasting memory.

Skydiving...Check.

So... no more drought in my my life. I will toot my own horn, drive my own train through life's many colorful scenes and plays. Climb aboard if you will, but put on your seat belt it's going to be bumpy!





No comments:

Post a Comment