Sunday, October 25, 2009

Him and I.



I read an email from my guy Kevin tonight. I won't go into detail, but l will say I saw a very romantic side of him in it. It didn't make me feel all gushy and breathless like I was starring in a romance novel. It made me feel STRONG. Like I was invincible. Like I was backed up by the marines and no one could stand in my way.
I've felt that rush of extreme emotion a few times in my life. Carried away on a wave of massive hormones and sweeping promises. I've been caught up in the tide of chemicals and emotions that argue so persuadingly with logic and reason.
This is different. My heart is still deeply involved. Only now it is working in perfect unison with my mind and my dreams.
Dreams that are shared by another person. A man that doesn't mimic me. A man that works with me towards a future that embodies the best of both of our desires and wishes. A man with his own strengths and his own experiences that have made him the person he is today.There has never been a moment when I have not felt accepted and loved for who I am. There is no need to censor myself or cater to anothers insecurities. This is what true passion feels like.
Every moment I spend here is another moment away from US.
Family. Friends. They mean a lot to me. But him and I, that is the future.
The future is where I belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment