Friday, October 23, 2009

A man is not born great, only through strength of character can he become great.


Jealousy...the green eyed monster. Death to any hope of a healthy relationship between two people. Although I've felt it take a nibble out of me once or twice when I was young I've never had the pleasure of having it consume me until I turned into a raving lunatic. Somehow I have always been able to grab it by the throat, hold it up to the light and strangle the life out of it.
I've always recognized it as the poisonous beast that it is, and I refuse to allow my better character to succumb to such disrespectful and petty emotions. I mean really, if someone is going to cheat on you there is nothing you can do about it. So you say to yourself "I know we're having problems, I think I'll be the biggest, most insecure ass that I can possibly be. Throw tantrums reminiscent of a two year old. Cry like a baby with diaper rash, And then whine when my partner leaves me in disgust." What the hell else are they supposed to do? Put up with the crap forever?
I think not! They are supposed to cut their losses just like the states did in vietnam. Some wars are just not winnable. They are supposed to leave their baggage behing them and forge ahead on a new adventure. They are supposed to lift their face to the sun and open their heart to someone new. Someone who truly embodies the best characteristics in a life partner.
Honesty.
Integrity.
and especially Self confidence.

So off I go face into the wind on my new adventure with a man by my side who's character is made up of those very traits. I feel as if i have finally met a man as fearless as me when faced with choices and opportunities. A man that looks me in the eye and treats our lives as open books, battle scars and all. No shame in those scars. For each one made us who we are today. And I like who I have become.

"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars."

No comments:

Post a Comment